The next meeting of the Coronado Democratic Club will be held on Tuesday, May 5 at 7:00 PM in the Winn Room of the Coronado Public Library. Dan McAllister, San Diego County Treasurer and Tax Collector, will be the guest speaker. Dan could not attend our January meeting, so it was re-scheduled for May 5th. Serving his fourth term in this position, Mr. McAllister is responsible for tax collection, banking, investment, disbursement and accountability of public funds. He has many topics to share, including San Diego’s current economic outlook, updates on the housing market and the impact of property taxes on our community.
In addition, the Club will discuss and possibly vote on some changes to our bylaws.
Please note that for this evening meeting, no refreshments will be served. As always, the meeting is free and open to the public. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Re-elected to his third term in June 2010 by 78% of voters
- Responsible for the collection of $4.6 billion in property taxes
- His office manages $7 billion of County’s Investment Pool
- As a member of the San Diego County Employees Retirement Association he manages investments of approximately $8.3 billion
- Former chairman of the Board of the Convention Center Corporation
- Chair of the San Diego Unified School District’s Special Audit and Finance Committee
- Member of the Boards of Directors of the Jackie Robinson YMCA and Multiple Sclerosis Pacific South Coast Chapter
- President of the Board of Mental Health America San Diego