The Coronado Democratic Club’s collection of toiletries for Survivors of Torture, International was a big success. Thanks to the generosity of club members, we donated enough toiletries to fill two car trunks and more than $250 in cash. Survivors is very grateful for these much-needed supplies.
Our next program will help refugees by delivering items to Jewish Family Service’s refugee resettlement program. JFS is one of nine national refugee agencies that works with the U. S. Department of State, and since 2005, has resettled approximately 3800 refugees in the San Diego area. The program works with refugees of all religions.
Please bring the following donations to the Mandelbaum home 544 Glorietta Blvd. or to the next Democratic Club meeting on May 17 in the Winn Room. For large items or questions, contact Jean Seager 619 435-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can access more information about JFS by visiting their website at jfssd.org
• Toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, body wash, men’s and women’s razors, hand soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, feminine hygiene products, lotion, and Q-tips and especially toilet paper.
• Baby items – diapers, baby clothing, bibs.
• Cleaning supplies – dish soap, bathroom/kitchen cleaner, sponges, cleaning rags, paper towels, laundry detergent, wastebaskets, mops, brooms, buckets, trash bags, trash cans.
• Furnishings – kitchen/dining table with chairs, pots/pans, dishes, utensils.
• Gift cards – preferably Walmart or Visa in any amount to be given directly to the refugees.
There are now more displaced persons in the world than at any time in history, including the era immediately after World War II. In the midst of the crisis, President Trump denigrates refugees and threatens to refuse them entry our country. These people have endured incredible hardship and have waited an average of 18 to 24 months for permission to come to America. Let’s welcome them by lending a hand and donating supplies that will make their lives easier. Thank you.