The next meeting of the Coronado Democratic Club will be held on:
Saturday, January 10 at 11:00 am
Winn Room of the Coronado Public Library
Refreshments will be served beginning at 10:30am
We will kick off the New Year with an interesting and informative presentation by San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister. Serving his fourth term in this position, Mr. McAllister is responsible for tax collection, banking, investment, disbursement and accountability of public funds. He has many topics to share, including San Diego’s current economic outlook, updates on the housing market, and what the amount of property tax collected means to your community.
We look forward to seeing you there.
As always, the meeting is free and open to the public.
- Re-elected to his third term in June 2010 by 78% of voters
- Responsible for the collection of $4.6 billion in property taxes
- His office manages $7 billion of County’s Investment Pool
- As a member of the San Diego County Employees Retirement Association manages investments approximately $8.3 billion
- Former chairman of the Board of the Convention Center Corporation
- Chair of the San Diego Unified School District’s Special Audit and Finance Committee
- Member of the Boards of Directors of the Jackie Robinson YMCA and Multiple Sclerosis Pacific South Coast Chapter
- President of the Board of Mental Health America San Diego